Stephen Hawking was a theoretical physicist who pioneered new understandings of black holes, the universe, and how much one person can achieve.
Though Hawking’s life has filled many books and a feature-length film, we’ve summarized some of the most memorable and notable moments in the graphical timeline below.
Remembering Stephen Hawking:
- Stephen Hawking has died at 76 — here are some of the most remarkable and memorable things he ever said
- These 15 photos show how Stephen Hawking defied his disability and lived an incredible life
- Stephen Hawking was only expected to live a few years after being diagnosed with ALS at age 21 — here’s what the disease is
- Stephen Hawking died on a day that is cosmically connected to Albert Einstein and Pi
- The man who helped Stephen Hawking achieve his lifelong dream of experiencing zero gravity remembers what it was like to watch the acclaimed physicist break free of his wheelchair
- Stephen Hawking was rumored to run over the toes of people he didn’t like with his wheelchair
- Stephen Hawking had a ‘sense of humor as vast as the universe’: unique tributes flood in for esteemed scientist