- You can write a Yelp review about a business or service you’ve used through Yelp’s website on your computer, or the Yelp mobile app for iPhone and Android.
- The rating and review you give the business will directly affect the business’ average score on Yelp.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more.
Yelp is a popular review forum that helps potential customers gain insights into restaurants, beauty salons, and other businesses.
While Yelp is a valuable source for information when selecting a business, there may come a time when you want to write a Yelp review yourself, and help other users make an informed decision.
If you already have an account, it’s a simple process to write and post a Yelp review. This review will show up on that business’ Yelp page, and your star rating will impact their average rating.
You can do it on either a computer through the official Yelp website, or in their mobile app for iPhone and Android.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to write a Yelp review on a computer
1. Open up a web browser, go to Yelp.com, and log into your account.
2. In the top-left corner of the screen, click on “Write a Review.” You’ll be redirected to a new page.
3. Select the business you want to write a review for by searching for it in the search bar. Once you find the business you want to critique, click “Write a Review.”
4. Rate your experience at the business by selecting the number of stars you want to give, and an explanation to support your rating. There’s no minimum character or word count required to publish a review, so you can share as little or as much detail as you’d like. You can also attach photos by clicking the “Upload” button below the review box.
5. After you finish writing your review, hit “Post Review” and your review for that business will go live on the business page on Yelp.
How to write a Yelp review on a mobile device
2. Tap on “Me” at the bottom of the screen to access your profile.
3. Tap “Write a Review” and type in the business you want to write a review about in the search bar to locate it.
4. Once the rating page is open, select the number of stars you want to give the business, and type in your review. Similar to the desktop version, there’s no word count, and you can add photos you’ve taken.
5. After you finish writing your review, tap “Post Review” in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, and your review for that business will go live on Yelp.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: