Here's a roundup of top developments in the biotech space over the last 24 hours.
Scaling The Peaks
(Biotech stocks hitting 52-week highs on April 11)
- Edap Tms SA (NASDAQ: EDAP)
Down In The Dumps
(Biotech stocks hitting 52-week lows on April 11)
- ABIOMED, Inc. (NASDAQ: ABMD)
- Alcon AG (NYSE: ALC) (was down for a second straight session after spinning off from Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) Tuesday)
- Acorda Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: ACOR)
- Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKRX)
- Concert Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: CNCE)
- Helius Medical Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: HSDT)
- OUTLOOK THERAPEUTICS, INC. (NASDAQ: OTLK)(announced pricing of common stock and warrant offering)
- Precision BioSciences Inc (NASDAQ: DTIL)
- Revance Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: RVNC)
- Scpharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: SCPH)
- Vaxart Inc (NASDAQ: VXRT)
- Teligent Inc (NASDAQ: TLGT)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NYSE: TEVA)
Stock In Focus
Merck's Keytruda Okayed For Advanced Lung Cancer
Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE: MRK) announced FDA approval for its Keytruda as a monotherapy for first-line treatment of patients with stage 3 non-small cell lung cancer, who cannot undergo surgery or chemoradiation, or metastatic NSCLC patients and whose tumors express PD-L1 with no EGFR or ALK genomic tumor aberrations.
The company said the approval was granted based on the Phase 2 KEYNOTE-042 trial.
Keytruda has been a major driver for …