• At 7:00 AM ET: The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 10:00 AM: New Home Sales for August from the Census Bureau. The consensus is for 630 thousand SAAR, up from 627 thousand in July.
• At 2:00 PM: FOMC Meeting Announcement. The FOMC is expected to increase the Fed Funds rate 25 bps at this meeting.
• At 2:00 PM: FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants’ projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM: Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.